A relaxed, calm environment is very important to a successful session. I understand how overwhelming and exciting bringing home a new baby can be (Remember- I’ve done it twice myself!) especially if you’re a first-time parent, but know that your baby’s safety is always my first priority. I’ve worked with countless newborns, and want to create photos that you will cherish forever, capturing the awe and wonder of this precious time. I work with natural light to gain exactly the kind of photos you will treasure, long after your baby has grown up. There is so much adjustment going on in your life and home, and I do my best to make the experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. I will travel to your home, bringing props, backdrops, and everything we’ll need for the session.
(Want to see my newborn work? Check out my portrait gallery for tons of samples!)
A few hints for a successful newborn session:
- It is best to book a session while you are in your second or third trimester, to ensure I can get you on my calendar.
- Newborns are best photographed by 10 days old, and usually done when your baby is 5-10 days old.
- Since newborns can be unpredictable, a session can last anywhere from an hour to four hours, so please allow plenty of time.
- During the session, we’ll take breaks anytime you or your new baby need to- I encourage both breaks and feedings. I am flexible and patient, and will work with you and your baby’s schedule to ensure the best shots!
- After you book your session, I will provide you with many helpful tips to ensure everything runs smoothly.
I adore posed newborn photos, but I also really love taking pictures of parents with their new little one, so don’t hesitate to tell me if you want to be included in some of the shots!
“What makes Jessica an absolutely amazing newborn and children’s photographer is her innate patience and natural ability to make children feel totally comfortable around her – and her camera!”